Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate Injection therapy is done as an outpatient procedure, so most patients will leave our clinic and resume low impact activities that very same day. Some patients have reported mild pain for 48-72 hours after their procedure, but this can often be attributed to the absence of their routine anti-inflammatory medications. After this time period, most patients will experience a gradual decrease in pain and some may begin to notice increased function.
To give this procedure the best chance to provide lasting results, the Doctors at The Spine and Pain Center recommend the following post-procedure restrictions:
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medication for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Rest for the first 24-48 hours after your procedure.
- Restrict the treated joint to low impact / general use for the first 2 weeks.
- For weeks 3-4, you may resume walking, cardio, and light lifting.
- After 4 weeks, you may resume running and weightlifting.
- Pay special attention to the treated joint and contact your physician with any questions or concerns you may have.